Saturday, August 10, 2013

Rambling update...

Hope your weekend is off to a good start!

Next week will be my kids first full week at school. It's going to be a little hectic till I find my rhythm and get the routine nailed down.  Having 2 kids in school is definitely a change too.  My son is loving it so far though, which is a relief.  He's still young, won't be 5 for a few more weeks, so it was a decision I struggled with (whether to enroll him this year or wait another year). Only time will tell if we made the right decision.
Sorry, mom ramble...

Anyway, food-wise I'm plugging along.  I am really trying to listen to my hunger cues.  Some days that means I eat twice, some days I eat 4x + a snack.  It's working for me.  I had a few moments this week that I wanted to overeat, but I resisted.  I also had a few moments of "screw this Whole30 business"... I'm still going though.  

Exercise has been pretty consistent as well.  Again, I'm listening to my body.  Bodeefit.com workouts, walking, yoga & Pilates have all made an appearance this past week.  I'll be walking several times a week now that I'm only going to have 1 kid in the mornings. 

I had to back off the pistol squat progression. It was messing with my knees.  It bummed me out, but I'm not going to hurt myself.  I had finished week one of my push-up training, then we went on vacation.  I think it's time to work that back into my routine.  My push-up ability has definitely improved with the bodeefit workouts, but a little concentrated push-up practice will get me more progress toward my goal of 50 consecutive.

And now you're all caught up. 

I saw this picture on FB this morning and wanted to share:


I hope you have a great weekend! Eat some yummy foods and be active!






2 comments:

Jenny @ Paleofoodiekitchen said...

Like you there are days I eat 2 meals and others where I eat more plus snacks! Nourishing our bodies according to its needs is more important that sticking to a strict 3 meal a day routine.
As for the whole30, you are doing great! I love seeing your food posts on IG. Remember to think about your goals when you feel like giving up :)

Jess @ PaleoJess said...

I've had 'screw this' thinking too but then I can't be bothered to stop lol, lazy :) I've found it easy to resist sweet stuff, maybe that's because it's day 15 and I've been pretty good with keeping sugar low and fats high.